Every year on January 15, Army Day honours the jawans who have set a powerful example of selfless devotion, service, and brotherhood.
We don’t need a special day to celebrate our war heroes, but we do need one every year to honour their courage.
Indian Army Day, Indian Army Quotes observed on January 15th, is a day of national pride and commemoration of our army’s selfless devotion and valour.
Field Marshal KM Cariappa, the first Indian commander-in-chief of the Indian Army, took over the post from General Francis Butcher, the last British commander-in-chief of India, on this day in 1949.
Field Marshal Cariappa was the Indian Army’s first five-star general. ‘Jai Hind’ became his rallying cry.
INDIAN ARMY QUOTES FOR ARMY DAY 2021
- I’ll either return after hoisting the Tricolor or I’ll return wrapped in it. But I’m certain I’ll return. Vikram Batra, Captain.
- We are born by chance, love by choice, and murder by profession. – Chennai Officers Training Academy.
- If a man claims to be unafraid of death, he is either lying or a Gurkha. Sam Manekshaw, Field Marshal.
- Silent to stay, quartered in snow. They will rise and march again when the bugle sounds. Base camp in Siachen.
- I swear I’ll kill Death Capt. Manoj Kumar Pandey if death comes before I can prove my blood.
- We fight to win, and we fight to win big, because in fighting, there are no losers, General JJ Singh.
- Just the best of friends and the worst of enemies pay us a visit – Indian Army.
- Capt. Vikram Batra says, “Ye dil maange more.”